A problem with BF2SPCC

These forums are for AIX beta testers and AIXStatistics. The official AIX Forums are located at BFSP - http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/ ... owforum=42

A problem with BF2SPCC

Postby EAS_Clan » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:38 am

Good day Tiger,
I did not want to over here but could not get the BF2SPCC forums to work. So I was hoping that you may be able to shed a little light for me.

A clan member is having problems with getting the SPCC to work properly. Every time he tries to go into our server using the spcc he gets an error. I have posted a screen shot. Have you ever ran across this before ? He can go into the server using the AIX2 icon but if he does that he can not get the unlocks that he has earned. He also has sent me a detailed copy of the error if you think you would need that.
Again I am sorry for bothering you with this but as I said I can not get the SPCC forums to load.

EAS_Clan
Squady
Squady

Re: A problem with BF2SPCC

Postby Ti_GER arn354 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:50 pm

The error pretty much explains itself.

"Access to the path C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts.ics is denied."

If he has no access - then he launches BF2SPCC with a limited user account. BF2SPCC needs administrator-privilegues to be able to apply the redirect.
Greetz
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum in your servertopic -- other users might have the same problem.
http://www.tigercage.de
Ti_GER arn354
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby EAS_Clan » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:54 pm

Ok I will let him know. Thank you for you time. That was kind of what I was thinking but was not really sure on it and just wanted to ask someone else. He is running Vista and forgot all the security that it runs with. Love my Windows XP a lot easier.
Again thank you for you help
EAS_Cowboy
EAS_Clan
Squady
Squady

Postby Ti_GER arn354 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:01 pm

no prob, ya welcome
Greetz
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum in your servertopic -- other users might have the same problem.
http://www.tigercage.de
Ti_GER arn354
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby DoctorFunk » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:29 am

Actually just right click your BF2 SPCC shortcut, and then click run as administrator. I had the same problem and this is the solution.
DoctorFunk
Grunt
Grunt

Postby FURION » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:37 pm

Something that may help in the future is to install all your programs under the guise of "Run as Administrator" I have found this helpful in some cases. Vista is a unique OS to say the least.
FURION
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Official Forums at BFSP